Creative Communication and Connections: Our Comprehensive 6-Month Program
Dear Caring Parent,
- Are you frustrated by the feeling that there isn’t enough time in the day or week to provide the services and opportunities that you’d like to for your child with special needs?
- Are you frustrated by the lack of engaging and supportive therapeutic offerings for your loved one?
- Do you often struggle with finding a group that is appropriate for your child’s social needs?
- Do you wish that you had a way to creatively connect with your child?
- Is it sometimes difficult to “keep up” with carry over from the many therapies that your child receives?
- Do you hope to see your child with improved ability to be expressive and confident with his family and friends?
We know that so many of our clients and their families are struggling to find connections- with each other, with new friends who can challenge and support them and with the “right fit” therapies that are both fun and functional.
We know how busy the lives of our clients and their parents are- we also are experts in using music to create the connections you are craving, which is why we are introducing our new:
Creative Communication and Connections
A Comprehensive 6-Month Program
In this unique program, we will assist your child to improve their communication and social skills in a child-centered, comfortable environment: YOUR HOME! Through a comprehensive music therapy evaluation with a board-certified music therapist, you and your child will assist in developing a treatment plan that targets the areas that are your main focus. You’ll have the added benefit of addressing these goals through music, a flexible modality, so you’ll be able to address academic and cognitive skills, focus, and motor skills as well. An innovative and exciting feature of this program is our new “Individualized Group Model” in which we’ll assist you in developing a peer group who will assist your child in reaching his/her primary social and communication outcomes.
You will receive:
- A Comprehensive Music Therapy Evaluation and Treatment Plan
- Twice weekly services IN YOUR HOME (individual during Phase 1 and Individual/Individualized Small group during Phase II) all facilitated by a board-certified music therapist.
- Our Signature Individualized Group Model (during Phase II) which is designed specifically for YOUR child’s social goals.
- Onsite Parent consultation for maintenance and carry-over of skills
- Six monthly 30-minute phone or Skype consultations with your therapist for ongoing planning and to keep everyone on the same page.
- All instruments and equipment will be brought to your home by the therapist.
If you are ready to develop creative strategies for helping your child develop and practice their communication and social skills, in a setting which also supports improved focus, fine and gross motor and academic outcomes, this is the program for you!
What you can expect:
- A structured, predictable session which follows your child’s lead and engages their musical interests and preferences
- A creative and competent music therapist who will walk you through the process, specifically coaching you on how you can reinforce the work that takes place during the sessions
- Outcome based goals and objectives centered upon your child’s individual needs
- Specific music experiences for the caregivers and family to use to connect during the week
- Assistance with developing and inviting a small, appropriate peer group to YOUR child’s needs, who will attend the group during Phase II.
We intend for the this program to help clients throughout the state of Connecticut- WE WILL COME TO YOU.
Since CTMTS was founded in 2005, we have been known for our high level of family and caregiver support. It has always been built into every session that we provide, but this new program takes it to the next level. Your therapist will be in contact with you BOTH during the scheduled time as well as during a scheduled time outside of the session structured for a monthly consultation where you’ll review progress, learn techniques and plan your next steps.
This program has limited availability, so if you think it is the right fit for your needs, schedule your complementary Creative Connections consultation by clicking here.
We truly care about helping our clients and their families connect with each other so they can reach their fullest potential. Thank your for the opportunity to help you find the resources that are the best match for your child and family’s needs!
Jennifer Sokira, MMT, LCAT, MT-BC Emily Pellegrino, MT-BC
Founder and Director Co-Director